Growing Up In the Valley is southwest and central Virginia’s best information source for families. In each issue, we provide great advice, updates on all of the exciting events the local area has to offer, free classifieds for home based businesses and even family fun activities for kids and parents.
When you advertise with us, you are reaching the largest demographic in the Roanoke market, FAMILIES!
Call us today to see how affordable our rates are and how we can help you GROW your business!
- 95% are between the ages of 25 and 54
- 91% are women (and as many economic experts say women control as much as 85% of the household purchases)
- 87% have attended college (59% have degrees; 15% have graduate degrees)
- Average income is $69,000 per year; 45% make over $75K per year; 30% have household incomes over $85,000 per year
- Ages of our readers’ children:
- Under age 5, 73%
- Ages 5-12, 81%
- Ages 13 and older, 35%
- 87% are married
- 91% have their children in after-school activities
- 60% plan to send their children to summer camp
- 74% would consider private school (31% have children in private school)
- 86% are the primary shopper for themselves
- 74% are the primary shopper for their children
- 81% are the primary shopper for their home
- Daily newspaper (76% do NOT read)
- City/regional magazine (88% do NOT read)
- Weekly newspaper (91% do NOT read)
- Other local parenting publication (97% do NOT read)
Download MoFat Publishing’s Media Kit to see examples of our work, our sister publications, ad sizes & pricing rates.
* Statistics from similar parenting magazines throughout the country